Friday, July 16, 2010

Sauerkraut and Pig's Eyes

Last night Kristen and I had a great dinner with friends Caleb and MaRisha Gidcumb. Caleb as you remember from prior posts is my helicopter instructor.

MaRisha made a wonderful dinner, but one dish stood out: sauerkraut and meatballs. Ok, ok I know this sounds weird and different. Plus, there was no spaghetti involved.

The recipe went something like this:

2 pounds ground beef
1 egg
1 package of onion soup mix

1 can of sauerkraut
1 can of cranberry sauce
1/4 cup of water

Make the meatballs out of the first list, place in a dish, and cover with the second list. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours.

This was absolutely fantastic. Sweet and savory and the perfect evening meal. MaRisha complimented it with green beans, yams, smashed potatoes, and chicken and dumplings.

Caleb said that his dad referred to this as "pigs eyes". I've never had pigs eyes, but if it tasted something like this, I'm all in. Particularly if MaRisha is cooking!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:W 15th St,Austin,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment